20/08/2008

Digging into methodologies

Given that I really wanted to get into writing some Smalltalk, I seem to be spending a lot of time just reading stuff on the internet! However, it is all proving very interesting.

I downloaded Ivan Tomek's Joy of Smalltalk, which is a very good book - not squeak oriented, but very interesting none the less.

I was in the midst of reading his approach to development when I came across this phrase

In the first iteration, we will focus on the ‘normal’ sequences of events and leave the
abnormal alternatives (such as what happens when the information file does not exist) for the next iteration.

Doh! that should have been on my list of what I did wrong. I definitely over-engineered the initial attempt, and that contributed to my confusion.

No comments: